Aside from the fact I would prefer plants be left to grow, rather than destroyed, I also disapprove of burning what vegetation that we do remove. Instead, I would prefer it was left in a location where it can enhance insect life and provide shelter for birds and animals, while slowly decaying and returning nutrients to the soil, rather than being burnt and polluting the air.
I understand that many land owners just want to keep areas clear to move their machines around in and use for agriculture or other money earning activities, but denuding the soil of ongoing plant life is not to its long-term benefit.
I also understand that leaving vegetation to slowly decay attracts forms of life that farmers and other land owners do not want, such as snakes and wallabies, but that's the kind of environment that is healthy and promotes life, not the barren landscape we see today on vast cleared acres.
2 photos above by Sharka Todd



Comments
Post a Comment